Substitute Teacher Application Information
Thank you for your interest in substituting in the St. James School District. Substitutes are vital members of our professional team and offer an important contribution to the educational program in the classroom.
The requirements for Substitute Teachers are:
- Minimum of 60 college hours.
- Substitute Teaching Certification from DESE.
- Approval by the St. James Board of Education.
Instructions for applying:
We currently have an online application process for substitute teachers. There is also a packet that is available to pick up at our central office or you may download the documents below.
- Substitute Teacher Application
- DESE Substitute Teacher Application (if needed)
- Fingerprinting Information (if needed)
- This is only required if you do not have a current substitute certificate through DESE. The code that you will need to enter for our district is 1589.
- Complete online training videos - Click HERE to request login information. (An email from Safe Schools will be sent to you with directions for viewing the videos)
- Substitute Teacher Handbook
- Employee Information
- Please return to Shannon Parsons at the central office once everything is complete.
If you have questions, please email Shannon Parsons - email@example.com or call (573) 261-3711.